Week 12: Case Studies and Real-World Projects
1. Analyzing Real-World System Designs:
- Lecture 1: Case Studies in System Design
- Analyze real-world system designs of well-known companies.
- Discuss the design choices, scalability challenges, and lessons learned from these cases.
- Lecture 2: Extracting Design Patterns
- Identify common design patterns and best practices from the case studies.
- Discuss how these patterns can be applied in various contexts.
2. Collaborative System Design Projects:
- Lecture 3: Group Project Introduction
- Explain the final group project for the course.
- Assign project teams and topics.
- Lecture 4: Project Planning and Execution
- Guide students on project planning, requirements gathering, and design phase.
- Discuss agile methodologies for collaborative design projects.
3. Peer Reviews and Presentations:
- Lecture 5: Peer Review Process
- Explain the peer review process for evaluating project designs.
- Provide guidelines for constructive feedback.
- Lecture 6: Final Project Presentations
- Outline the format and expectations for final project presentations.
- Discuss the importance of clear communication and presentation skills.
4. Course Wrap-Up and Key Takeaways:
- Lecture 7: Reflecting on the Course
- Reflect on the key topics and concepts covered throughout the course.
- Encourage students to share their takeaways and insights.
- Lecture 8: Certificates and Next Steps
- Announce certificates of completion for the course.
- Provide resources and guidance for further learning in system design and related fields.
Final Project Presentation and Evaluation:
- Students present their collaborative system design projects.
- Peer evaluations and feedback on project designs.
- Instructor feedback and assessment of the presentations.